Text: Luke 9:51-62
To Tune of #425 (LSB) “When I Survey the Wondrous Cross” [Hamburg – LM]
Hymn Text by Ken Maher
1. Christ set His face to Calv’ry high,
When time came to be lifted up.
With resolve He would not decry
to down bitter dregs of that cup.
2. Foxes have holes and birds have nests,
by His care they ne’er suffer loss
For His own Son there’s no such rest
But lay His head upon the cross.
3. Love for Father, duty of Son
by such concerns He’s only led.
Buried is sin, and the day won
When He’s abandoned, left for dead.
4. All for fam’ly, for you, for me
Stretches out hand, not once looking back.
For this purpose all things He sees,
And in this gift we nothing lack.
5. When I set my face to His cross,
See again through my Saviour’s eyes;
May I come to count all as loss
But that my Lord for me did die!