In the spirit of one of those lists of awesome things here is my day of travel in just a few of the fun things I got to enjoy.
1. Pizza at the TO airport, while listening to Christian Music playing in the food court. (Didn’t care for the music too much, but the novelty factor was cool)
2. Seeing no less than TWO separate grown men “rocking out” to their Ipods, regardless of those around them. (One of them was doing it in the food court while the Christian music was playing for everyone else to hear … too funny!)
3. Sitting directly behind the only other LCC member (going to Winnipeg for this meeting) on the packed flight. What a pleasure getting to know Wally, and the shuttle bus driver.
4. Finding a “Lost Book” by one of my favourite authors in a colourful little second-hand book store.
5. Being buzzed by the Winnipeg Police Helicopter no less than 12 times as it kept circling the neighbourhood I was walking through.
5. Being almost sure that it wasn’t me they were looking for … this time …
6. Seeing a birthday party for 15 honest-to-goodness Justin Biebers!
7. Talking to Trish and the Kids (and listening to them speaking so nicely to me, only to get off the phone and start yelling at one another in the background – the children not the mother!)
8. Seeing my game nearly ready to be published professionally. Only a couple of little things still to do. This is finally getting real.
9. Seeing Peter Jackson’s first video on the start of filming for the Hobbit. Thanks to Alex and Kelly for passing it on.
And just so you don’t get too jealous over what an awesomely fun day I had, console yourself that all of this comes at the expense of being closeted away all day tomorrow in a resolutions committee meeting.
But who knows, that could be pretty fun too …